As most NHL fans know, the Pittsburgh Penguins have been having difficult times as of late and the owners are looking to sell the team off for at least $750 million dollars. Now, a group of fans are using the GoFundMe site to buy the team.
The issue: They're fans of the Philadelphia Flyers.
Pushed by the Orange and Black Pack blog, the effort involves the following pitch:
"Please help us purchase the worst franchise in the NHL so we can try to make it better by doing things like:
- Painting the entire inside of the arena Orange and Black
- Putting a giant photo of Claude Giroux on the outside of the building, facing the highway
- Repainting the parking lots stripes orange, with a Flyers logo in each spot
- Using colored thread to impose a beach ball in the net behind Fleury
- Make a wall of fame in the concourse with photos of our top donators"
They have announced on the off chance they don't succeed, they'll donate the proceeds to charity. As of Sunday evening, their goal has reached roughly $1100 so they only about $749, 998,000 to go.
The fact that this is the only serious contender to buy the Penguins speaks volumes about the franchise's standing.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on TheSportster?Get Your Free Access Now!