Floyd "Money" Mayweather is poised to put his precious 50-0 record on the line for another fight with Manny Pacquaio.
The 41-year-old has been retired since his win over Connor McGregor last August but is ready to haul some major bank by making a comeback against the Filipino, whom he beat back in May of 2015.
Mayweather, who is spending some time in Japan and letting his Instagram followers in on a bit of the action, made the announcement via the very social media outlet on Saturday morning.
"I'm coming back to fight Manny Pacquiao this year. Another 9 figure payday on the way," Mayweather wrote as the caption for a video showing himself and Pacquiao at an event.
Pacquaio could be heard saying "I have the belt boy," with Mayweather vowing to take it from him in response.
The two fighters put on an impressive show three years ago. But Mayweather came out on top, winning by unanimous decision. The fight also garnered around $500 million and Money took home 60 percent of that, per reports.
The fight was one of the most called-for bouts in recent history. And, although fans did not get to see a knockout, they were treated to an incredible display of skill from the two fighters.
Mayweather, still on 48 wins, went on to defeat Andre Berto for win 49 in September that same year, earning his perfect half-century with his win over McGregor last year.
"That was my last fight, ladies and gentlemen," he said in the wake of the victory. But it appears he has been tempted back for another huge payday, which should take place this December, given what he's said.
This latest development has likely left boxing fans salivating as they look forward to the final month of the year, when we could see two of the sport's greatest athletes go head-to-head once more in what could be one for the ages.