www.thesportster.com

WWE Releases Statement On Ashley Massaro's 2006 Sexual Assault Claim

WWE has issued a statement over a released affidavit stating company heads asked Ashley Massaro to keep mum after she approached them with claims of a sexual assault.

Massaro passed away on May 16 as the result of an apparent suicide and her passing has led to the details of a class action lawsuit against the promotion resurfacing.

Konstantine Kyros, Massaro's lawyer, posted the 15-page document on his website a day after the former Diva passed away. In it, Massaro claims that she was drugged and raped while touring a US Army base in Kuwait as part of WWE duty in 2006.

RELATED: Current & Former WWE Superstars Set Up GoFundMe For Ashley Massaro's Daughter

She also claimed to have told company officials, namely Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn and John Laurinaitis about it but was asked to keep it under wraps.

WWE has since released a statement in which they deny that the matter was ever reported to anyone associated with the company, following a filed notion back then that contained a staunch rebuttal and a claim that others had heard her saying that a doctor "had done an inappropriate pelvic exam" while treating her for dehydration.

via CNN

“WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley’s death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.

At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.

At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.”

- WWE

What This Means

Given recent events, this is quite a sensitive subject and we will refrain from wading too deeply into it. If you'd like to read the affidavit in full, it can be found here.

READ NEXT: Backstage News On Plans WWE Had For Sasha Banks At Money In The Bank

The Fiend Wins Raw The First Pick Of The Draft, Then Gets Drafted To SmackDown

More in Wrestling