www.thesportster.com

Update On Mauro Ranallo's Status For This Week's NXT

Mauro Ranallo has been off the air as it pertains to WWE programming since he got called out by Corey Graves during NXT Takeover: WarGames last weekend, with reports having suggested that he was not in the right frame of mind to function in his regular role.

Ranallo was going about his job as he usually does when Graves took to Twitter to levy criticism at him. The move led to the NXT announcer deleting his Twitter account and he would also fail to show up for the show last Wednesday.

According to Ryan Satin of Prowrestlingsheet.com, Ranallo has told WWE officials he will be returning to work this Wednesday and will be on commentary alongside Beth Phoenix and Nigel McGuinness on USA Network.

PREVIOUSLY: Corey Graves Calls Out Reporter Over 'False Story', Issues Challenge

Mauro was booked to call a few matches at Survivor Series but exited the arena before the show due to him being upset over Corey's calling him out. It was said that he "blew his voice out" during WarGames but viewers were likely to have known better.

Graves has been on the receiving end of criticism from fans online, given that the fact that Ranallo suffers from bipolar disorder is well known. There are fans who have spoken out in his defence, however, while it was also claimed that there were persons within WWE who were of the view that he was the victim.

He's since offered an apology, on his new podcast After the Bell.

“This past Saturday, during the ‘Takeover: WarGames’ event, I sent out a tweet. It was an unpopular opinion, as I often do with the intention of just stirring up a little controversy, maybe have something fun to talk about on TV or here on the show,” he explained.

“It was maybe not the most professional way to go about things, and it was never meant to offend or disrespect or disparage anybody. That was never my intention. If it was taken as such, I apologize deeply.

“That was not my intention. I would never intentionally cause anybody undue stress, especially a co-worker. So, I apologize.”

via ewrestling.com

A Heads Up Would Have Been Nice

The source reports that sources have confirmed that Graves' tweets were merely an attempt to aid the brand warfare element for Survivor Series and that he'd planned to bring them up the following night while he and Ranallo were calling a match together.

If that is indeed the case, then Mauro was clearly unaware that it was going to happen and, given his condition, it would have been a lot wiser to give him a heads up.

Fortunately, if the source is to be believed, the commentator will be back at work this week. So let's hope that's the end of that.

Source: Prowrestlingsheet.com

NEXT: Kane Details The Biggest Misconception About Vince McMahon

Update On Matt Hardy's Contract Status With WWE

More in Wrestling