The WWE decided to give Network subscribers, including those on the free month trial of May one last treat to close out the month with a Network Exclusive event. The Elimination Chamber PPV was removed from the 2015 lineup in place of FastLane so the WWE decided to throw it into the end of May just two weeks after Payback.
The event initially seemed that it would only comprise of a couple of Elimination Chamber matches, but the event quickly evolved into essentially a regular PPV, which could only have been seen on the WWE Network.
A new Intercontinental Champion was decided, we got the first ever tag team Elimination Chamber match with the titles on the line, a Divas Championship triple threat, a reliable Rollins/Ambrose matchup for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and finally a treat of a matchup between John Cena and Kevin Owens. That's what we had going in, but how did the event unfold?
Here’s the entire match card:
(Pre-Show) Stardust vs. Zack Ryder
– WWE Tag Team Championship Elimnation Chamber Match:
The New Day (C) vs. Cesaro & Tyson Kidd vs. Los Matadores vs. The Ascension vs. The Prime Time Players vs. The Lucha Dragons
– Neville vs. Bo Dallas
– Champion vs. Champion: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (Vacant) Elimination Chamber Match:
King Barrett vs. Sheamus vs. R-Truth vs. Ryback vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev
– WWE Divas Championship: Nikki Bella (C) vs. Paige vs. Naomi
– WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (C) vs. Dean Ambrose
Let’s break this one down. Did the WWE Network exclusive deliver?
** Spoiler Alert, the match results are included
Stardust vs. Zack Ryder
In an impromptu pre-show match, we get Stardust and Zack Ryder. Stardust got some early offense in, before Ryder fired back with some dropciks and armdrags.
Stardust eventually lands the Rhodes family uppercut. Stardust keeps wailing on Ryder, but the Long Island Iced Z fought back with a neckbreaker. Both men struggle to get to their feet, but Ryder gets the upperhand.
Stardust eventually goes for a pin, but gets caught using the ropes as leverage. While being scolded by the referee, Stardust hist a Side Effect. Ryder is able to turn the tables on Stardust and lands a Broski Boot. Ryder goes to finish off Stardust with the Rough Ryder, but misses and gets countered into the Queen's Crossbow. Stardust scores the pin.
Match Rating: 5/10. Decent match, typical throwaway pre-show match.
Other Pre-show highlights:
- Miz TV with Daniel Bryan as a guest. The two exchange some words. Miz berates Bryan for pandering to the audience, dressing like them and offers his help to make Bryan a bigger star. Bryan rejects his offer and soon brings out Macho Mandow and Axelmania to attack Miz.
Leave A Comment
Looking for an AD FREE EXPERIENCE on TheSportster?Get Your Free Access Now!